he Miami-Dade County Medical Examiner reported Wednesday that Rudy Eugene wasn't on the synthetic drugs known as "bath salts" when he chewed off much of a homeless man's face in a gruesome, naked frenzy last month that was dubbed the "Zombie Attack." Police shot Eugene dead on the scene when he refused to cooperate. The only substance he tested positive for was marijuana.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Why China's Communist Party is headed for collapse
- Why Texas Republicans may want to cool the anti-Obama land-grab talk
- He said he was leaving. She ignored him.
- Why the poor's investment of choice is so alarming
- How to make perfect fried rice in 6 easy steps
- 31 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Obama doesn't have a manhood problem — but conservatives certainly do
- Why we need a maximum wage
- Why Antonin Scalia was right to defend a drug dealer
- Why atheism doesn't have the upper hand over religion
Subscribe to the Week