The Miami-Dade County Medical Examiner reported Wednesday that Rudy Eugene wasn't on the synthetic drugs known as "bath salts" when he chewed off much of a homeless man's face in a gruesome, naked frenzy last month that was dubbed the "Zombie Attack." Police shot Eugene dead on the scene when he refused to cooperate. The only substance he tested positive for was marijuana.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Republicans love this new health care plan. Too bad it's basically a tax cut for the rich.
- In defense of Gwyneth Paltrow
- In Ferguson, Michael Brown lost his life — and America's police lost the benefit of the doubt
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Is it now OK to have sex with animals?
- 17 old proverbs we should use more often
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- Adam Sandler's 'Thanksgiving Song': Explaining the 22-year-old tune's pop-culture references
- Don't blame Chuck Hagel: Obama's foreign policy has been a disaster from end to end
- 13 vegetarian dishes for Thanksgiving
Subscribe to the Week