he Miami-Dade County Medical Examiner reported Wednesday that Rudy Eugene wasn't on the synthetic drugs known as "bath salts" when he chewed off much of a homeless man's face in a gruesome, naked frenzy last month that was dubbed the "Zombie Attack." Police shot Eugene dead on the scene when he refused to cooperate. The only substance he tested positive for was marijuana.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- How conservatives learned to hate Hollywood
- Why I'm a pro-life liberal
- He said he was leaving. She ignored him.
- Why would a young person today be religious?
- 31 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Texas has been holding this man hostage for 12,600 days
- Why Holy Thursday is so important to Christians
- 10 things you need to know today: April 17, 2014
- Why we can't stop procrastinating, according to science
- The 6-year-old who woke up from a coma with a different personality
Subscribe to the Week