"Today is going to be my last morning as a regular co-host of Today," Ann Curry announced Thursday on the Today show, confirming what she had told USA Today Wednesday. Choking back tears, Curry announced her new role as Today anchor at large and national and international correspondent for NBC News, a position which will allow her to head a seven-person team that will produce segments for Dateline, Rock Center, Nightly News, MSNBC, and Today. "I'm sorry I couldn't get the ball over the finish line, but man, I did try," she said. It was reported earlier this week that Savannah Guthrie will replace Curry, but NBC has yet to confirm it.
- 4 secret societies you probably don't know about
- The 10 worst-reviewed movies of 2013
- Watch The Daily Show mock the NSA and the gamers they're spying on
- Did God have a wife?
- How to stick it to the poor: A congressional strategy
- Which professions have the most psychopaths?
- Diagnosing the Home Alone burglars' injuries: A professional weighs in
- This is the twistiest tongue twister ever, says science
- Why Newt Gingrich is getting flak for defending Nelson Mandela
- The secrets of happy families
Subscribe to the Week