OOD DAY FOR:
Reimagining Independence Day
A National Geographic poll finds that Americans believe President Obama would do better than Mitt Romney in fending off an alien attack. [Discovery News]
Joining the century club
Hillary Clinton embarks on a trip to Latvia, setting a new record for the most countries ever visited by a Secretary of State. This is her 100th country. [New York]
BAD DAY FOR:
The most trusted name in news
CNN initially reports that the Supreme Court struck down ObamaCare's individual mandate. In fact, the opposite is true. [The Daily Dot]
Eight TSA security screeners at New Jersey's Newark Liberty International Airport are fired for allegedly sleeping on the job... in front of monitors that are used to detect bombs and other security threats. [Consumerist]
Alec Baldwin reportedly plans to send his wedding "invitation" via mass text message on the day of the nuptials to keep the date and location a secret from the paparazzi. [Videogum]
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- Why is it so expensive to build a bridge in America?
- Here's proof that Justin Bieber is just as spoiled as you always thought
- 7 ways to be the most interesting person in any room
- What the collapse of the Ming Dynasty can tell us about American decline
- The GOP must try to win over African-Americans
- 22 TV shows to watch in 2014
- What would a U.S.-China war look like?
- The one simple thing that can make you much more impressive
Subscribe to the Week