OOD DAY FOR:
Reimagining Independence Day
A National Geographic poll finds that Americans believe President Obama would do better than Mitt Romney in fending off an alien attack. [Discovery News]
Joining the century club
Hillary Clinton embarks on a trip to Latvia, setting a new record for the most countries ever visited by a Secretary of State. This is her 100th country. [New York]
BAD DAY FOR:
The most trusted name in news
CNN initially reports that the Supreme Court struck down ObamaCare's individual mandate. In fact, the opposite is true. [The Daily Dot]
Eight TSA security screeners at New Jersey's Newark Liberty International Airport are fired for allegedly sleeping on the job... in front of monitors that are used to detect bombs and other security threats. [Consumerist]
Alec Baldwin reportedly plans to send his wedding "invitation" via mass text message on the day of the nuptials to keep the date and location a secret from the paparazzi. [Videogum]
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Why atheism doesn't have the upper hand over religion
- 31 TV shows to watch in 2014
- The world's dumbest idea: Taxing solar energy
- He said he was leaving. She ignored him.
- Why would a young person today be religious?
- Why Good Friday is so important to Christians
- Which states get screwed worst by the Electoral College?
- Attack of the invasive species
- Why I'm a pro-life liberal
- The best online movies to watch this weekend
Subscribe to the Week