Starting Thursday, iPhone and iPad owners will be able to navigate the web using Google Chrome. The browser has all the usual trappings familiar to Safari users, including an incognito mode for trail-free browsing. But Chrome for iOS offers the ability to synchronize across all your other devices — including the desktop — to keep bookmarks, settings, and open tabs in sync. Expect it appear in the App Store later today.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- 10 things you need to know today: August 29, 2014
- Why the West should let Russia have eastern Ukraine
- The real reason conservatives should be outraged that police killed a white youth
- 7 grammar rules you really should pay attention to
- The amazing resurrection of Mitt Romney
- The dangers of our passionless American life
- Even critics of the euro didn't see this coming
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- The essential techniques that every home cook should know
- Your literary playlist: A guide to the music of Haruki Murakami
Subscribe to the Week