Starting Thursday, iPhone and iPad owners will be able to navigate the web using Google Chrome. The browser has all the usual trappings familiar to Safari users, including an incognito mode for trail-free browsing. But Chrome for iOS offers the ability to synchronize across all your other devices — including the desktop — to keep bookmarks, settings, and open tabs in sync. Expect it appear in the App Store later today.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Here comes the Pentagon's newest space plane
- Extreme haunted houses: Inside Halloween's most terrifying new trend
- Why is the Pentagon stuffing caves in Norway full of tanks?
- Let us now praise Billy Joel
- 3 horrific inaccuracies in Homeland's depiction of Islamabad
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- How 1,000-year lifespans could remake the economy
- The stories behind 22 classic album covers
Subscribe to the Week