eter Madoff, the younger brother of imprisoned Ponzi schemer Bernie Madoff, was arrested in New York City on Friday. The younger Madoff, 66, is expected to plead guilty to securities fraud for his role in the scheme for which his brother is already serving 150 years in jail. Peter worked for Bernie Madoff Securities as chief compliance officer for nearly 40 years. He has agreed to forfeit $143.1 billion, an amount that is symbolic because it is not necessarily an amount he can pay, but rather the amount that can be traced to his fraud.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- Here's proof that Justin Bieber is just as spoiled as you always thought
- Watch Zach Galifianakis get annoyed at President Obama on Between Two Ferns
- The Daily Show has some fun mocking the CPAC power players
- Why I'm sick and tired of seeing naked women on HBO
- Why Ted Cruz is the real-life Frank Underwood
- 10 things you need to know today: March 11, 2014
- Why is American internet so slow?
- Why is it so expensive to build a bridge in America?
Subscribe to the Week