Peter Madoff, the younger brother of imprisoned Ponzi schemer Bernie Madoff, was arrested in New York City on Friday. The younger Madoff, 66, is expected to plead guilty to securities fraud for his role in the scheme for which his brother is already serving 150 years in jail. Peter worked for Bernie Madoff Securities as chief compliance officer for nearly 40 years. He has agreed to forfeit $143.1 billion, an amount that is symbolic because it is not necessarily an amount he can pay, but rather the amount that can be traced to his fraud.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Why is the Pentagon stuffing caves in Norway full of tanks?
- The U.S. is about to sell weapons to Vietnam. That's bad news for China.
- What the Middle Ages can tell us about the GOP's big charity myth
- 3 horrific inaccuracies in Homeland's depiction of Islamabad
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- Secret Service stretched mission to protect employee, report finds
- An open letter to #brands about Gamergate
- The best online movies to watch this weekend
- The real story behind Deliver Us From Evil
Subscribe to the Week