Peter Madoff, the younger brother of imprisoned Ponzi schemer Bernie Madoff, was arrested in New York City on Friday. The younger Madoff, 66, is expected to plead guilty to securities fraud for his role in the scheme for which his brother is already serving 150 years in jail. Peter worked for Bernie Madoff Securities as chief compliance officer for nearly 40 years. He has agreed to forfeit $143.1 billion, an amount that is symbolic because it is not necessarily an amount he can pay, but rather the amount that can be traced to his fraud.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- The 11 worst fast food restaurants in America
- I hate Ayn Rand — but here's why my fellow conservatives love her
- Here's the schedule very successful people follow every day
- The weird obsession that's ruining the GOP
- Why Peter Capaldi has a bigger challenge than any Doctor Who in history
- The secret to Gabrielle Hamilton's amazing grilled cheese sandwiches
- 7 things the world's happiest people do every day
- 7 grammar rules you really should pay attention to
- Why Halbig and the conservative war on ObamaCare will fail
- Why are so many parents being arrested?
Subscribe to the Week