Colorado's Waldo Canyon Fire has now claimed at least one life. Police found human remains in one burned home, and another person has been reported missing. The massive blaze has now destroyed 346 homes in or near Colorado Springs. Cooler temperatures and some rain helped firefighters' efforts Thursday; by night, officials say the fire reached 15 percent containment. President Obama will pay a visit to the devastated area Friday.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- How academia's liberal bias is killing social science
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- Why torture doesn't work: A definitive guide
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Why the Sony hack changes everything
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- You should be furious about Hollywood's gutless retreat on The Interview
- Hey, bosses: Stop giving bonuses to your employees
- One girl's extraordinarily wild world
- Capitalism isn't a cure-all for Cuba
Subscribe to the Week