olorado's Waldo Canyon Fire has now claimed at least one life. Police found human remains in one burned home, and another person has been reported missing. The massive blaze has now destroyed 346 homes in or near Colorado Springs. Cooler temperatures and some rain helped firefighters' efforts Thursday; by night, officials say the fire reached 15 percent containment. President Obama will pay a visit to the devastated area Friday.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- He said he was leaving. She ignored him.
- Why Texas Republicans may want to cool the anti-Obama land-grab talk
- Why the poor's investment of choice is so alarming
- Why China's Communist Party is headed for collapse
- How to make perfect fried rice in 6 easy steps
- 31 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Why atheism doesn't have the upper hand over religion
- Why conservatives see rural America as the 'real' America
- How my boyfriend and I learned to live on one income
- Affirmative action is doomed. Here's what progressives should do about it.
Subscribe to the Week