olorado's Waldo Canyon Fire has now claimed at least one life. Police found human remains in one burned home, and another person has been reported missing. The massive blaze has now destroyed 346 homes in or near Colorado Springs. Cooler temperatures and some rain helped firefighters' efforts Thursday; by night, officials say the fire reached 15 percent containment. President Obama will pay a visit to the devastated area Friday.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Here's proof that Justin Bieber is just as spoiled as you always thought
- What the collapse of the Ming Dynasty can tell us about American decline
- 7 ways to be the most interesting person in any room
- Why is it so expensive to build a bridge in America?
- Why is American internet so slow?
- Ukraine's fraught relationship with Russia: A brief history
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- Colorado’s new ‘drive high, get a DUI’ commercials are actually pretty clever
- Can Rand Paul avoid the Neville Chamberlain trap?
- To build the Death Star, we'll need this space elevator
Subscribe to the Week