Colorado's Waldo Canyon Fire has now claimed at least one life. Police found human remains in one burned home, and another person has been reported missing. The massive blaze has now destroyed 346 homes in or near Colorado Springs. Cooler temperatures and some rain helped firefighters' efforts Thursday; by night, officials say the fire reached 15 percent containment. President Obama will pay a visit to the devastated area Friday.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Here comes the Pentagon's newest space plane
- Let us now praise Billy Joel
- 3 horrific inaccuracies in Homeland's depiction of Islamabad
- Extreme haunted houses: Inside Halloween's most terrifying new trend
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- How 1,000-year lifespans could remake the economy
- 10 things you need to know today: October 25, 2014
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- Why the government should pay every American child an allowance
Subscribe to the Week