Colorado's Waldo Canyon Fire has now claimed at least one life. Police found human remains in one burned home, and another person has been reported missing. The massive blaze has now destroyed 346 homes in or near Colorado Springs. Cooler temperatures and some rain helped firefighters' efforts Thursday; by night, officials say the fire reached 15 percent containment. President Obama will pay a visit to the devastated area Friday.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Why all drugs should be legal. (Yes, even heroin.)
- The big, gaping hole in the liberal policy arsenal
- Here's the schedule very successful people follow every day
- The forgotten victims of the war in Ukraine
- 10 things you need to know today: July 28, 2014
- Why you should really take a nap this afternoon, according to science
- Blame Obama and U.S. evangelicals for the persecution of Iraqi Christians
- A gay Mormon's complicated journey
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- 7 things the world's happiest people do every day
Subscribe to the Week