ikiLeaks founder Julian Assange has declined a request by London police for him to surrender, his representative says. Assange, who is trying to avoid extradition to Sweden to face accusations of rape and assault, will remain in the Ecuadorian embassy while his application for asylum is processed. "This should not be considered any sign of disrespect," Assange said in a statement. "Under both international and domestic U.K. law, asylum assessments take priority over extradition claims."
- 4 secret societies you probably don't know about
- Battle in a blizzard
- This is the twistiest tongue twister ever, says science
- Diagnosing the Home Alone burglars' injuries: A professional weighs in
- The secrets of happy families
- How to stick it to the poor: A congressional strategy
- Did God have a wife?
- Would you cuddle a stranger for $80 an hour?
- Why Newt Gingrich is getting flak for defending Nelson Mandela
- Which professions have the most psychopaths?
Subscribe to the Week