n Friday, the Justice Department announced that it would not prosecute Attorney General Eric Holder, the head of the department, over his refusal to hand over documents related to "Fast and Furious," a botched gun-walking operation, to a House investigatory committee. The Justice Department said Holder's response to a subpoena from the Committee on Oversight and Government Reform did not constitute a crime. On Thursday, the House voted to hold Holder in criminal contempt over the issue, in what Democrats have described as a political witch hunt.
- How to make people like you: 6 science-based conversation hacks
- The Black Death is back
- Watch Fox News' Megyn Kelly claim Santa, like Jesus, is a white guy
- Diagnosing the Home Alone burglars' injuries: A professional weighs in
- The lingering mystery of the 1964 World's Fair
- Millennial women have seriously narrowed the wage gap with men
- Which professions have the most psychopaths?
- How Arrow became the best superhero show on television
- Cul-de-sacs are killing America
- 5 surprising snubs from the Golden Globe nominations
Subscribe to the Week