n Friday, the Justice Department announced that it would not prosecute Attorney General Eric Holder, the head of the department, over his refusal to hand over documents related to "Fast and Furious," a botched gun-walking operation, to a House investigatory committee. The Justice Department said Holder's response to a subpoena from the Committee on Oversight and Government Reform did not constitute a crime. On Thursday, the House voted to hold Holder in criminal contempt over the issue, in what Democrats have described as a political witch hunt.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- 31 TV shows to watch in 2014
- He said he was leaving. She ignored him.
- 14 wonderful words with no English equivalent
- Why atheism doesn't have the upper hand over religion
- Wounded in Boston, two brothers endure
- The sexual politics of Game of Thrones just got enormously worse
- Entrepreneurs: A dying breed?
- Why Easter is so important to Christians
- When will the Big One strike California?
- How conservatives learned to hate Hollywood
Subscribe to the Week