Was the Cruise-Holmes marriage good for their careers?
The news of TomKat's split has Slate wondering whose acting career benefited most from the 5-year relationship
Tom cruise and Katie Holmes, better known as Tomkat are calling it quits after just five short years together, Katie's attorney commented, "Katie's primary concern remains, as it always has been, her daughter's best interest".
Christopher Polk/VF12/Contributor/Getty Images
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
MOST POPULAR ON THE WEEK
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Is it now OK to have sex with animals?
- In Ferguson, Michael Brown lost his life — and America's police lost the benefit of the doubt
- 7 grammar rules you really should pay attention to
- Alien conspiracy theorists think the government is on the verge of spilling big secrets
- In defense of Gwyneth Paltrow
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- Republicans love this new health care plan. Too bad it's basically a tax cut for the rich.
- 7 health benefits of playing video games
Subscribe to the Week