Was the Cruise-Holmes marriage good for their careers?
The news of TomKat's split has Slate wondering whose acting career benefited most from the 5-year relationship
Tom cruise and Katie Holmes, better known as Tomkat are calling it quits after just five short years together, Katie's attorney commented, "Katie's primary concern remains, as it always has been, her daughter's best interest".
Christopher Polk/VF12/Contributor/Getty Images
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
MOST POPULAR ON THE WEEK
- 7 grammar rules you really should pay attention to
- After Ferguson, we don't need another dialogue on race
- Why you should stop believing in evolution
- The secret to handling pressure like astronauts, Navy SEALs, and samurai
- In defense of Obama's golfing
- The world is on fire and neither Democrats or Republicans have a clue
- The government is getting into the fact-checking business. Be very, very afraid.
- A trick for better lunch sandwiches
- Your literary playlist: A guide to the music of Haruki Murakami
- How Democrats might goad the GOP into shutting down the government
Subscribe to the Week