Was the Cruise-Holmes marriage good for their careers?
The news of TomKat's split has Slate wondering whose acting career benefited most from the 5-year relationship
Tom cruise and Katie Holmes, better known as Tomkat are calling it quits after just five short years together, Katie's attorney commented, "Katie's primary concern remains, as it always has been, her daughter's best interest".
Christopher Polk/VF12/Contributor/Getty Images
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
MOST POPULAR ON THE WEEK
- 31 TV shows to watch in 2014
- The sexual politics of Game of Thrones just got enormously worse
- He said he was leaving. She ignored him.
- The hidden reason for the student loan crisis
- Why atheism doesn't have the upper hand over religion
- 14 wonderful words with no English equivalent
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- Mad Men recap: 'A Day's Work'
- Aereo at the Supreme Court: No matter what, broadcasters lose
- 7 ways to quickly become a master at anything
Subscribe to the Week