Was the Cruise-Holmes marriage good for their careers?
The news of TomKat's split has Slate wondering whose acting career benefited most from the 5-year relationship
Tom cruise and Katie Holmes, better known as Tomkat are calling it quits after just five short years together, Katie's attorney commented, "Katie's primary concern remains, as it always has been, her daughter's best interest".
Christopher Polk/VF12/Contributor/Getty Images
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
MOST POPULAR ON THE WEEK
- America created the Islamic State of Iraq and Syria? Meet the ISIS 'truthers'
- The Obama era is over. The presidency continues.
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- What is Molly? Everything you need to know about the party drug
- 7 grammar rules you really should pay attention to
- How American businessmen are ruining American business — and the U.S. economy
- How Harry Houdini escaped death
- The 10 best networking tips for people who hate networking
- Why the West should let Russia have eastern Ukraine
- On ISIS, neocons and liberal hawks have a 'boy who cried wolf' problem
Subscribe to the Week