Tiger Woods won the AT&T National golf tournament at the Congressional Country Club outside Washington, D.C., logging his third win in his last seven starts and, more notably, his 74th career tournament, putting him ahead of golf great Jack Nicklaus. At a still-young 36 and apparently back on his game, Woods will now chase Sam Snead's record of 82 PGA Tour wins. "A lot of media people didn't think I could win again, and I had to deal with those questions quite a bit," Tiger told reporters. "It was just a matter of time."
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- The 11 worst fast food restaurants in America
- 7 things the world's happiest people do every day
- 7 grammar rules you really should pay attention to
- Why are so many parents being arrested?
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- 9 things you probably didn't know about the moon
- What if The Purge was real?
- The biggest lesson Obama failed to learn from Bush
- Why America is duty bound to help Iraqi Christians
- Israel has only two choices: Eliminate the Palestinians or make peace
Subscribe to the Week