Tiger Woods won the AT&T National golf tournament at the Congressional Country Club outside Washington, D.C., logging his third win in his last seven starts and, more notably, his 74th career tournament, putting him ahead of golf great Jack Nicklaus. At a still-young 36 and apparently back on his game, Woods will now chase Sam Snead's record of 82 PGA Tour wins. "A lot of media people didn't think I could win again, and I had to deal with those questions quite a bit," Tiger told reporters. "It was just a matter of time."
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- How a degree from Duke University dashed my dreams of buying a home
- Half the world's population lives in these 6 countries
- This is why you can't trust the NSA. Ever.
- Why you should stop believing in evolution
- Innocent before proven guilty? The bizarre bipartisan rush to clear Rick Perry
- The secret to handling pressure like astronauts, Navy SEALs, and samurai
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- What Keeping Up with the Kardashians can teach America about interracial marriage
- ISIS and the echoes of the West's religious terror
- Today in history: Lincoln reveals the real goal of the Civil War
Subscribe to the Week