iger Woods won the AT&T National golf tournament at the Congressional Country Club outside Washington, D.C., logging his third win in his last seven starts and, more notably, his 74th career tournament, putting him ahead of golf great Jack Nicklaus. At a still-young 36 and apparently back on his game, Woods will now chase Sam Snead's record of 82 PGA Tour wins. "A lot of media people didn't think I could win again, and I had to deal with those questions quite a bit," Tiger told reporters. "It was just a matter of time."
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Who are the real gay marriage bigots?
- What the collapse of the Ming Dynasty can tell us about American decline
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- Watch The Daily Show mock Fox News' confused man-crush on Vladimir Putin
- Religious liberty should be a liberal value, too
- Why is American internet so slow?
- 22 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Don't worry: World War III will almost certainly never happen
- The new bride who had a horrifying allergic reaction to her husband's sperm
- The Daily Show's Aasif Mandvi dismantles another ObamaCare myth
Subscribe to the Week