Tiger Woods won the AT&T National golf tournament at the Congressional Country Club outside Washington, D.C., logging his third win in his last seven starts and, more notably, his 74th career tournament, putting him ahead of golf great Jack Nicklaus. At a still-young 36 and apparently back on his game, Woods will now chase Sam Snead's record of 82 PGA Tour wins. "A lot of media people didn't think I could win again, and I had to deal with those questions quite a bit," Tiger told reporters. "It was just a matter of time."
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Why Mitt Romney is perfectly poised for a comeback in 2016
- Why is the West so afraid of Islam?
- The Nazi smart bomb that inspired China's most dangerous weapon
- Here's the schedule very successful people follow every day
- The best places to find love — and lust — according to science
- Why GOP reformers are bound to fail
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- The mystery behind China's aggressive push into space
- 10 things you need to know today: July 31, 2014
- How a drafting error could doom Obama's carbon regulations
Subscribe to the Week