Barclays chairman Marcus Agius stepped down Monday over an interest-rate fixing scandal that has dealt what he called a "devastating blow" to the reputation of Britain's third biggest bank. "The buck stops with me," Agius said, but some lawmakers are also calling for the bank's chief executive, Bob Diamond, to resign.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- The Obama administration's nonstop incoherence on ISIS
- This is what happens when Republicans actually enact their radical agenda
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- 6 super-helpful iOS8 tricks you probably don't know about
- Why so many Christians won't back down on gay marriage
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- How I dug myself out of debt — and stayed that way
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- The science of sex: 4 harsh truths about dating and mating
- The European Union was supposed to end nationalism. It gave it new life instead.
Subscribe to the Week