arclays chairman Marcus Agius stepped down Monday over an interest-rate fixing scandal that has dealt what he called a "devastating blow" to the reputation of Britain's third biggest bank. "The buck stops with me," Agius said, but some lawmakers are also calling for the bank's chief executive, Bob Diamond, to resign.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Who are the real gay marriage bigots?
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- Why is American internet so slow?
- Don't worry: World War III will almost certainly never happen
- Religious liberty should be a liberal value, too
- What the collapse of the Ming Dynasty can tell us about American decline
- Watch The Daily Show mock Fox News' confused man-crush on Vladimir Putin
- 22 TV shows to watch in 2014
- The new bride who had a horrifying allergic reaction to her husband's sperm
5 surprising facts about left-handed people
Subscribe to the Week