Barclays chairman Marcus Agius stepped down Monday over an interest-rate fixing scandal that has dealt what he called a "devastating blow" to the reputation of Britain's third biggest bank. "The buck stops with me," Agius said, but some lawmakers are also calling for the bank's chief executive, Bob Diamond, to resign.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Your literary playlist: A guide to the music of Haruki Murakami
- 7 grammar rules you really should pay attention to
- Why you should stop believing in evolution
- Russia's new air force is a mystery
- The secret to handling pressure like astronauts, Navy SEALs, and samurai
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- After Ferguson, we don't need another dialogue on race
- 11 scientific studies that will restore your faith in humanity
Subscribe to the Week