arclays chairman Marcus Agius stepped down Monday over an interest-rate fixing scandal that has dealt what he called a "devastating blow" to the reputation of Britain's third biggest bank. "The buck stops with me," Agius said, but some lawmakers are also calling for the bank's chief executive, Bob Diamond, to resign.
- 4 secret societies you probably don't know about
- Did God have a wife?
- How to stick it to the poor: A congressional strategy
- 10 things you need to know today: December 9, 2013
- Homeland recap: 'Big Man in Tehran'
- Watch SNL delightfully mess with all your childhood Christmas favorites
- 7 strange things found in people's stomachs [Updated]
- Here's how crazy-long German words are made
- Rick Santorum wins the prize for the worst Nelson Mandela tribute
- Which professions have the most psychopaths?
Subscribe to the Week