After what a city official calls a "great day" on Sunday, the Waldo Canyon fire near Colorado Springs, Colo., was reportedly 55 percent contained by Sunday evening. Thousands of evacuated residents were allowed to return to their homes to survey the damage.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Here comes the Pentagon's newest space plane
- Let us now praise Billy Joel
- Extreme haunted houses: Inside Halloween's most terrifying new trend
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- 3 horrific inaccuracies in Homeland's depiction of Islamabad
- How foreign aid screwed up Liberia's ability to fight Ebola
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- 10 things you need to know today: October 25, 2014
- How Scott Brown is executing the perfect GOP Senate campaign
Subscribe to the Week