After what a city official calls a "great day" on Sunday, the Waldo Canyon fire near Colorado Springs, Colo., was reportedly 55 percent contained by Sunday evening. Thousands of evacuated residents were allowed to return to their homes to survey the damage.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- The mystery behind China's aggressive push into space
- Here's the schedule very successful people follow every day
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- Why Texas' abortion rates aren't falling as quickly as everyone expected
- The 5 best and worst states for a well-lived life
- What religious traditionalists can teach us about sex
- The 6 best low-cost smartphones
- Yes, Republicans can impeach President Obama
- Why all drugs should be legal. (Yes, even heroin.)
- Paul Ryan's anti-poverty plan is another sign of life in the GOP
Subscribe to the Week