After what a city official calls a "great day" on Sunday, the Waldo Canyon fire near Colorado Springs, Colo., was reportedly 55 percent contained by Sunday evening. Thousands of evacuated residents were allowed to return to their homes to survey the damage.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- The troubling persistence of eugenicist thought in modern America
- Libertarianism's terrible, horrible, no good, very bad idea
- Eric Holder blew it as attorney general. His replacement will, too,
- Why the Chinese military is only a paper dragon
- 10 innovative furniture designs that brilliantly save you space
- How liberals are unwittingly paving the way for the legalization of adult incest
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- Christian conservatives have a terrifying new bogeyman: The Christian leftist
Subscribe to the Week