After what a city official calls a "great day" on Sunday, the Waldo Canyon fire near Colorado Springs, Colo., was reportedly 55 percent contained by Sunday evening. Thousands of evacuated residents were allowed to return to their homes to survey the damage.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- Scottish independence is another financial crisis waiting to happen
- The 10 best networking tips for people who hate networking
- The Obama era is over. The presidency continues.
- Fall movie guide: All the films you should see in September
- 7 grammar rules you really should pay attention to
- The Pentagon's troubled, expensive new fighter jet
- 11 scientific studies that will restore your faith in humanity
- The elusive 'It factor' in presidential politics
- How American businessmen are ruining American business — and the U.S. economy
Subscribe to the Week