How broccoli became America's most loathed vegetable
Broccoli is the go-to example of a good-for-you-but-bad-tasting vegetable, and is often employed as a rhetorical weapon by conservatives
A new breed of fat-fighting broccoli, already sold in England, will hit stores stateside later this fall.
CC BY: La Grande Farmers' Market
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
MOST POPULAR ON THE WEEK
- Why Pakistan won't hunt down the terrorists within its borders
- Sorry, GOP, tax cuts don't pay for themselves
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- How academia's liberal bias is killing social science
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Pope Francis' American problem
- Why torture doesn't work: A definitive guide
- What is Molly? Everything you need to know about the party drug
- Hey, bosses: Stop giving bonuses to your employees
- Are there dogs in heaven? Let's hope not.
Subscribe to the Week