How broccoli became America's most loathed vegetable
Broccoli is the go-to example of a good-for-you-but-bad-tasting vegetable, and is often employed as a rhetorical weapon by conservatives
A new breed of fat-fighting broccoli, already sold in England, will hit stores stateside later this fall.
CC BY: La Grande Farmers' Market
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
MOST POPULAR ON THE WEEK
- 31 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Why would a young person today be religious?
- Why we can't stop procrastinating, according to science
- He said he was leaving. She ignored him.
- Israel and Russia are getting along. Have the neocons noticed?
- The world's dumbest idea: Taxing solar energy
- Why I'm a pro-life liberal
- The 6-year-old who woke up from a coma with a different personality
- How Community's Dean Pelton broke new ground for sexual politics on television
- How Captain America won over China
Subscribe to the Week