fter years of speculation, CNN anchor and talk show host Anderson Cooper officially came out of the closet as gay in an email to The Daily Beast columnist Andrew Sullivan. "The fact is, I'm gay, always have been, always will be, and I couldn't be more happy, comfortable with myself, and proud," Cooper writes. He says that he previously made the decision not to discuss his personal life because he felt it would prevent him from "safely and effectively" doing his job as a journalist, but the growing impression that he was "hiding something" and the rise of bullying of young people led him to believe "there is value in making clear where I stand."
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- 31 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Why atheism doesn't have the upper hand over religion
- The world's dumbest idea: Taxing solar energy
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- Why would a young person today be religious?
- He said he was leaving. She ignored him.
- 14 wonderful words with no English equivalent
- Why we can't stop procrastinating, according to science
- Why Good Friday is so important to Christians
- How Captain America won over China
Subscribe to the Week