Two men die fighting Western wildfires
Flames erupt atop a ridge near Horsetooth Reservoir near Laporte, Colo. The High Park Fire in Larimer County has burned almost 37,000 acres and damaged or destroyed more than 100 structures.
Marc Piscotty/Getty Images
Military officials and victims' families report that two men died Sunday when a U.S. Air Force plane fighting a fire near Edgemont, South Dakota, crashed Sunday night. Two other crew members were critically injured and remain in the hospital.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
MOST POPULAR ON THE WEEK
- Why Pakistan won't hunt down the terrorists within its borders
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- How academia's liberal bias is killing social science
- Sorry, GOP, tax cuts don't pay for themselves
- Pope Francis' American problem
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- Why torture doesn't work: A definitive guide
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- Hey, bosses: Stop giving bonuses to your employees
- Are there dogs in heaven? Let's hope not.
Subscribe to the Week