exican election officials have ordered a recount for more than half of the ballot boxes used in last Sunday's presidential election, citing inconsistencies in the vote tallies. The Federal Electoral Institute said that even with the recount of 78,012 ballot boxes, official results should be released by Sunday. Unofficial president-elect Enrique Peña Nieto (pictured), who got 38 percent of the vote to 32 percent for leftist candidate Andrés Manuel López Obrador, says he is confident the final results will reaffirm his victory. López Obrador has refused to concede.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- 31 TV shows to watch in 2014
- The world's dumbest idea: Taxing solar energy
- Why atheism doesn't have the upper hand over religion
- He said he was leaving. She ignored him.
- 14 wonderful words with no English equivalent
- Attack of the invasive species
- Which states get screwed worst by the Electoral College?
- 10 things you need to know today: April 19, 2014
- How Captain America won over China
- When will the Big One strike California?
Subscribe to the Week