exican election officials have ordered a recount for more than half of the ballot boxes used in last Sunday's presidential election, citing inconsistencies in the vote tallies. The Federal Electoral Institute said that even with the recount of 78,012 ballot boxes, official results should be released by Sunday. Unofficial president-elect Enrique Peña Nieto (pictured), who got 38 percent of the vote to 32 percent for leftist candidate Andrés Manuel López Obrador, says he is confident the final results will reaffirm his victory. López Obrador has refused to concede.
- The 10 worst-reviewed movies of 2013
- Watch The Daily Show mock the NSA and the gamers they're spying on
- Diagnosing the Home Alone burglars' injuries: A professional weighs in
- The secrets of happy families
- Is the rent really too damn high?
- Antarctica recently experienced the coldest day in recorded history
- Americans are wealthier than ever*
- Godzilla: Watch the surprisingly grim trailer for the blockbuster reboot
- How did Love Actually become so controversial? A theory
- President Obama snapped a selfie during Nelson Mandela's memorial service
Subscribe to the Week