exican election officials have ordered a recount for more than half of the ballot boxes used in last Sunday's presidential election, citing inconsistencies in the vote tallies. The Federal Electoral Institute said that even with the recount of 78,012 ballot boxes, official results should be released by Sunday. Unofficial president-elect Enrique Peña Nieto (pictured), who got 38 percent of the vote to 32 percent for leftist candidate Andrés Manuel López Obrador, says he is confident the final results will reaffirm his victory. López Obrador has refused to concede.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- Here's proof that Justin Bieber is just as spoiled as you always thought
- 7 ways to be the most interesting person in any room
- Why is it so expensive to build a bridge in America?
- What the collapse of the Ming Dynasty can tell us about American decline
- 22 TV shows to watch in 2014
- What would a U.S.-China war look like?
- The one simple thing that can make you much more impressive
- The GOP must try to win over African-Americans
Subscribe to the Week