he Amazing Spider-Man opened Tuesday, taking in $35 million at the box office on its first day, setting a new record for the biggest Tuesday opening. Sony's comic book reboot stars Andrew Garfield and Emma Stone. Transformers, which opened to $27.8 million on July 3, 2007, previously held the record.
- Are differences in IQ to blame for income inequality?
- Which professions have the most psychopaths?
- Australia just scrapped its debt ceiling. America should, too.
- What to expect when you're expecting (100 years ago)
- Why learning which of your Facebook friends hate you is a great idea
- 5 books to read before your 30th birthday
- The indignity of canine bath time
- Watch The Daily Show pit Pope Francis against Fox News' 'War on Christmas'
- How to dramatically improve your memory
- Why Common Core may not fix our kids' problems with math
Subscribe to the Week