Apple's component suppliers in China tell The Wall Street Journal that they are prepping to produce a tablet with a significantly smaller screen than the current iPad's 9.7-inch display. Kindle tablets and the new mini-tablet from Google have 7-inch screens.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- 10 things you need to know today: October 25, 2014
- Here comes the Pentagon's newest space plane
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- 3 horrific inaccuracies in Homeland's depiction of Islamabad
- Everything you need to know about the voter ID controversy
- Extreme haunted houses: Inside Halloween's most terrifying new trend
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- How 1,000-year lifespans could remake the economy
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- Did the media get Ferguson wrong?
Subscribe to the Week