What happens if you get bitten by a radioactive spider?
Unfortunately, Chernobyl hasn't spawned a real-life Spider-Man
A gas-loving spider (yellow sac, pictured) is causing headaches for Mazda, which has to recall 52,000 of its cars to save drivers from possible spider-related fires... or worse.
CC BY: Eran Finkle
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
MOST POPULAR ON THE WEEK
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- How our botched understanding of 'science' ruins everything
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- How Scotland's independence movement lost the vote and still won everything
- Mike Huckabee's head-scratching advice to Christian voters
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- Adrian Peterson and our misguided debate about spanking
- The American middle class is no longer safe from poverty — and that might be a good thing
- The science of sex: 4 harsh truths about dating and mating
- The Tea Party has its own immigration problem: Cuba
Subscribe to the Week