Sanford, Fla., judge has ordered George Zimmerman released on $1 million bond while he awaits trial in the Trayvon Martin killing. Zimmerman, a neighborhood watch volunteer who says he shot the unarmed black teenager in self-defense, was granted $150,000 bail in April when he claimed he was nearly broke, but had to return to jail because he failed to disclose money supporters had contributed to his legal defense fund. According to Zimmerman's lawyer, the fund currently has $211,000 in it, more than enough to cover the 10-percent portion that most bond companies charge.
- The 10 worst-reviewed movies of 2013
- Diagnosing the Home Alone burglars' injuries: A professional weighs in
- How did Love Actually become so controversial? A theory
- The secrets of happy families
- Watch The Daily Show mock the NSA and the gamers they're spying on
- Is the rent really too damn high?
- Godzilla: Watch the surprisingly grim trailer for the blockbuster reboot
- The indignity of canine bath time
- Antarctica recently experienced the coldest day in recorded history
- Which professions have the most psychopaths?
Subscribe to the Week