rench investigators ruled Thursday that the 2009 Air France flight 447, which crashed into the Atlantic Ocean killing 228 people, was caused by lack of pilot training in surprise situations and faulty equipment. In their final report on the crash, investigators say that airspeed equipment froze and gave pilots false readings. The report blamed the crash on "the crew's failure to diagnose the stall situation and consequently a lack of inputs that would have made it possible to recover from it." Investigators recommended improvements in communication systems, instrumentation, and crew training.
- Rick Santorum wins the prize for the worst Nelson Mandela tribute
- How the strange case of Obama's Uncle Omar complicates immigration reform
- This is how much extra it costs to eat healthy every day
- What every TV show can learn from Sleepy Hollow
- 6 grammar points to watch out for in Christmas songs
- There is a better alternative to raising the minimum wage
- Which professions have the most psychopaths?
- The hotel of enlightenment
- Watch The Daily Show use Pope Francis to hammer Fox Business pundits
- Girls on Film: Stephen Frears' pioneering platform for older actresses
Subscribe to the Week