OOD DAY FOR:
The tabloid-baiting relationship between Kim Kardashian and Kanye West officially outlasts the reality star's 72-day televised marriage to New Jersey Nets player Kris Humphries. [Jezebel]
Liz Lemon's street cred
Actor Donald Glover, also known as the rapper Childish Gambino, debuts a new mixtape with appearances from high-profile rappers like Ghostface Killa, RZA, and… Tina Fey. [New York]
Entrepreneurs in Detroit plan to turn an abandoned set of warehouses into an immersive zombie theme park. [BuzzFeed]
BAD DAY FOR:
A New Mexico woman tries to auction off her "slightly used" soul on eBay for a mere $2,000. [Inquisitr]
A motorist rear-ends another car and drives off, later telling police that she fled the scene because she didn't want her ice cream to melt. [Newser]
A new survey finds that teenagers are more likely to drink alcohol and smoke cigarettes or marijuana for the first time during the months of June and July, when many students are on summer vacation. [CBS]
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- 7 ways to be the most interesting person in any room
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- Colorado’s new ‘drive high, get a DUI’ commercials are actually pretty clever
- Sorry Belle Knox, porn still oppresses women
- What the collapse of the Ming Dynasty can tell us about American decline
- Who are the real gay marriage bigots?
- Religious liberty should be a liberal value, too
- Why is American internet so slow?
- 22 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Don't worry: World War III will almost certainly never happen
Subscribe to the Week