Mitt Romney's campaign and the Republican National Committee just had their best fundraising month yet, announcing that they combined to bring in more than $100 million in June. The total far surpasses the $77 million haul the campaign reported in May. Romney spent the last month on several big fundraising trips, with stops in California, Oregon, Washington, D.C., and Texas. Supporters in Texas alone are expected to have donated $15 million during Romney's two-day trip. The Obama campaign has already announced that it expected to be out-raised by Romney in June, making it the second consecutive month that the presumptive GOP nominee took in more cash than the president.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Syrian women know how to defeat ISIS
- Will Kobani be ISIS's Waterloo?
- The one thing the New Atheists get right about religion
- The U.S. Marines are developing laser weapons. Here's why.
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- 3 horrific inaccuracies in Homeland's depiction of Islamabad
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- 10 things you need to know today: October 21, 2014
- The stories behind 22 classic album covers
- Gamergate has backfired spectacularly on its nincompoop perpetrators
Subscribe to the Week