he U.S added a meager 80,000 jobs in June, as hiring slowed dramatically in the second quarter, the Labor Department reported Friday. Economists had projected a 100,000-job increase. The unemployment rate, meanwhile, was unchanged at 8.2 percent. "The poor employment report is also a blow to President Obama as he tries to fend off Republican candidate Mitt Romney and win re-election in November."
- How does chocolate milk stack up as a sports drink?
- Cul-de-sacs are killing America
- Diagnosing the Home Alone burglars' injuries: A professional weighs in
- Which professions have the most psychopaths?
- How did Love Actually become so controversial? A theory
- The 10 worst-reviewed movies of 2013
- This is the twistiest tongue twister ever, says science
- Was the sign-language interpreter at the Mandela memorial faking it?
- Step away from the ruler: Penis size studies are pretty worthless
- 7 grammar rules you really should pay attention to
Subscribe to the Week