Secretary of State Hillary Clinton made an unannounced trip to Afghanistan on Saturday, declaring Afghanistan to be America's newest "major non-NATO ally." In an appearance at Kabul's presidential palace, Clinton said, "We see this as a powerful commitment to Afghanistan's future."
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- This is what happens when Republicans actually enact their radical agenda
- Russia is stealthily threatening America with nuclear war
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- How I dug myself out of debt — and stayed that way
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- The science of sex: 4 harsh truths about dating and mating
- The impossible promise at the heart of Scotland's campaign for independence
- If Scotland leaves the union, is Northern Ireland next?
- Why you should stop believing in evolution
- Puppies take the plunge
Subscribe to the Week