Secretary of State Hillary Clinton made an unannounced trip to Afghanistan on Saturday, declaring Afghanistan to be America's newest "major non-NATO ally." In an appearance at Kabul's presidential palace, Clinton said, "We see this as a powerful commitment to Afghanistan's future."
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- How a degree from Duke University dashed my dreams of buying a home
- Half the world's population lives in these 6 countries
- This is why you can't trust the NSA. Ever.
- Four annoying sounds you need to stop making
- The best online movies to watch this weekend
- Why you should stop believing in evolution
- Innocent before proven guilty? The bizarre bipartisan rush to clear Rick Perry
- It's time for the police to rethink 'shoot-to-kill'
- Inside America's crumbling infrastructure
- What the 'death of the library' means for the future of books
Subscribe to the Week