Secretary of State Hillary Clinton made an unannounced trip to Afghanistan on Saturday, declaring Afghanistan to be America's newest "major non-NATO ally." In an appearance at Kabul's presidential palace, Clinton said, "We see this as a powerful commitment to Afghanistan's future."
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- After Ferguson: Stop deferring to the cops
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- How to adopt the perfect rescue dog
- The hilarious hypocrisy of Republicans complaining about the imperial presidency
- Why the poor can't catch a break on Thanksgiving
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- The lessons of Japan's latest recession
- Is it now OK to have sex with animals?
- In Ferguson, Michael Brown lost his life — and America's police lost the benefit of the doubt
- Ferguson riots were terrible — but this racist reaction was worse
Subscribe to the Week