Secretary of State Hillary Clinton made an unannounced trip to Afghanistan on Saturday, declaring Afghanistan to be America's newest "major non-NATO ally." In an appearance at Kabul's presidential palace, Clinton said, "We see this as a powerful commitment to Afghanistan's future."
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Why torture doesn't work: A definitive guide
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- How academia's liberal bias is killing social science
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Hey, bosses: Stop giving bonuses to your employees
- Why the Sony hack changes everything
- You should be furious about Hollywood's gutless retreat on The Interview
- Capitalism isn't a cure-all for Cuba
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- One girl's extraordinarily wild world
Subscribe to the Week