Secretary of State Hillary Clinton made an unannounced trip to Afghanistan on Saturday, declaring Afghanistan to be America's newest "major non-NATO ally." In an appearance at Kabul's presidential palace, Clinton said, "We see this as a powerful commitment to Afghanistan's future."
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Here comes the Pentagon's newest space plane
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Extreme haunted houses: Inside Halloween's most terrifying new trend
- The U.S. is about to sell weapons to Vietnam. That's bad news for China.
- America's anti-feminist mega-corporations' toxic disregard for women must stop
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- Did the media get Ferguson wrong?
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- What the Middle Ages can tell us about the GOP's big charity myth
- The real story behind Deliver Us From Evil
Subscribe to the Week