s Syria's military began holding widescale exercises to simulate defense against outside "aggression," U.S. Secretary of State Hillary Clinton said from an international conference in Tokyo that the Syrian regime's "days are numbered." Clinton noted that a series of recent defections shows that "the sand is running out of the hourglass." "The sooner there can be an end to the violence and a beginning of a political transition process, not only will fewer people die, but there's a chance to save the Syrian state from a catastrophic assault that would be very dangerous not only to Syria but to the region," she said.
- The 10 worst-reviewed movies of 2013
- Diagnosing the Home Alone burglars' injuries: A professional weighs in
- Watch The Daily Show mock the NSA and the gamers they're spying on
- How did Love Actually become so controversial? A theory
- The secrets of happy families
- What every TV show can learn from Sleepy Hollow
- Americans are wealthier than ever*
- Antarctica recently experienced the coldest day in recorded history
- Godzilla: Watch the surprisingly grim trailer for the blockbuster reboot
- Is the rent really too damn high?
Subscribe to the Week