The liberal Alliance of National Forces, led by former Libyan rebel Prime Minister Faisal Krekshi, said Sunday that the party's unofficial preliminary results put it in the lead in the country's landmark parliamentary elections, which were held Saturday — the first vote held since Moammar Gadhafi was ousted. The head of the election commission refused to confirm Krekshi's claims.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- The 11 worst fast food restaurants in America
- 7 things the world's happiest people do every day
- 7 grammar rules you really should pay attention to
- Why are so many parents being arrested?
- 9 things you probably didn't know about the moon
- Why America is duty bound to help Iraqi Christians
- Israel has only two choices: Eliminate the Palestinians or make peace
- What if The Purge was real?
- The biggest lesson Obama failed to learn from Bush
- What I learned from totally unplugging and shutting up for three days
Subscribe to the Week