he liberal Alliance of National Forces, led by former Libyan rebel Prime Minister Faisal Krekshi, said Sunday that the party's unofficial preliminary results put it in the lead in the country's landmark parliamentary elections, which were held Saturday — the first vote held since Moammar Gadhafi was ousted. The head of the election commission refused to confirm Krekshi's claims.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Why is American internet so slow?
- 7 ways to be the most interesting person in any room
- What the collapse of the Ming Dynasty can tell us about American decline
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- Colorado’s new ‘drive high, get a DUI’ commercials are actually pretty clever
- 22 TV shows to watch in 2014
- 10 classic Sesame Street moments we wouldn't show today's kids
- What would a U.S.-China war look like?
- Ukraine's fraught relationship with Russia: A brief history
- Who are the real gay marriage bigots?
Subscribe to the Week