t least 150 people have been killed by severe floods in the Black Sea region of southern Russia. President Vladimir Putin flew to the area and ordered an investigation into whether more could have been done to prevent deaths. Torrential rains dropped more than a foot of rain in less than 24 hours, an amount that's five times the monthly average.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- 31 TV shows to watch in 2014
- The sexual politics of Game of Thrones just got enormously worse
- He said he was leaving. She ignored him.
- The hidden reason for the student loan crisis
- Why atheism doesn't have the upper hand over religion
- 14 wonderful words with no English equivalent
- 7 ways to quickly become a master at anything
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- Mad Men recap: 'A Day's Work'
- Why Easter is so important to Christians
Subscribe to the Week