t least 150 people have been killed by severe floods in the Black Sea region of southern Russia. President Vladimir Putin flew to the area and ordered an investigation into whether more could have been done to prevent deaths. Torrential rains dropped more than a foot of rain in less than 24 hours, an amount that's five times the monthly average.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Why China's Communist Party is headed for collapse
- 31 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Why Texas Republicans may want to cool the anti-Obama land-grab talk
- He said he was leaving. She ignored him.
- Why the poor's investment of choice is so alarming
- How to make perfect fried rice in 6 easy steps
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- Why atheism doesn't have the upper hand over religion
- Obama doesn't have a manhood problem — but conservatives certainly do
- Why we need a maximum wage
Subscribe to the Week