Russian President Vladimir Putin has declared Monday a day of national mourning for victims of the devastating floods that have ravaged the southern part of the country. Late Sunday, Russian officials reported that the death toll from the floods had risen to 171. Hundreds more have sought medical treatment.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- How academia's liberal bias is killing social science
- Diagnosing the Home Alone burglars' injuries: A professional weighs in
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- How Wall Street is chipping away at reform
- Why Pakistan won't hunt down the terrorists within its borders
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- How I lost all my money
- Why torture doesn't work: A definitive guide
- 10 things you need to know today: December 21, 2014
- Vox, derp, and the intellectual stagnation of the left
Subscribe to the Week