Ernest Borgnine dies at 95
The acting great, who won an Oscar for Marty and lent his "barrel-chested, bulldog looks" to films like From Here to Eternity, passed away on Sunday. At 95, he had been the oldest living winner of the Academy Award for best actor.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
MOST POPULAR ON THE WEEK
- The 11 worst fast food restaurants in America
- I hate Ayn Rand — but here's why my fellow conservatives love her
- Why Peter Capaldi has a bigger challenge than any Doctor Who in history
- 7 things the world's happiest people do every day
- 10 things you need to know today: July 23, 2014
- 7 grammar rules you really should pay attention to
- The weird obsession that's ruining the GOP
- Why are so many parents being arrested?
- Here's the schedule very successful people follow every day
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
Subscribe to the Week