lawyer for actress Katie Holmes told E! News on Monday that she and soon-to-be ex-husband Tom Cruise have agreed to a divorce settlement that will avoid an ugly, protracted battle that would have likely been documented step-by-step by the media. "The case has been settled and the agreement has been signed," said the attorney. Neither Holmes nor Cruise, nor their attornies or publicists revealed the details of the divorce agreement. Holmes had filed for divorce from Cruise on June 29. Earlier on Monday the pair released a joint statements saying, "We are committed to working together as parents to accomplish what is in our daughter Suri's best interests."
- How to make people like you: 6 science-based conversation hacks
- The Black Death is back
- Diagnosing the Home Alone burglars' injuries: A professional weighs in
- Cul-de-sacs are killing America
- Watch Fox News' Megyn Kelly claim Santa, like Jesus, is a white guy
- The lingering mystery of the 1964 World's Fair
- The toughest question for 2016 Democratic presidential candidates
- How does chocolate milk stack up as a sports drink?
- Instagram might be ruining our memories. Here's why that's a good thing.
- Watch The Daily Show try to cheer the end of congressional gridlock
Subscribe to the Week