A lawyer for actress Katie Holmes told E! News on Monday that she and soon-to-be ex-husband Tom Cruise have agreed to a divorce settlement that will avoid an ugly, protracted battle that would have likely been documented step-by-step by the media. "The case has been settled and the agreement has been signed," said the attorney. Neither Holmes nor Cruise, nor their attornies or publicists revealed the details of the divorce agreement. Holmes had filed for divorce from Cruise on June 29. Earlier on Monday the pair released a joint statements saying, "We are committed to working together as parents to accomplish what is in our daughter Suri's best interests."
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- 7 grammar rules you really should pay attention to
- The real reason conservatives should be outraged that police killed a white youth
- The secret to handling pressure like astronauts, Navy SEALs, and samurai
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- Why the West should accept ISIS as a sovereign nation
- Why you should stop believing in evolution
- 10 things you need to know today: August 28, 2014
- What Ann Coulter and atheist Richard Dawkins have in common
- After Ferguson, we don't need another dialogue on race
- 8 ways you're probably overspending without even realizing it
Subscribe to the Week