A lawyer for actress Katie Holmes told E! News on Monday that she and soon-to-be ex-husband Tom Cruise have agreed to a divorce settlement that will avoid an ugly, protracted battle that would have likely been documented step-by-step by the media. "The case has been settled and the agreement has been signed," said the attorney. Neither Holmes nor Cruise, nor their attornies or publicists revealed the details of the divorce agreement. Holmes had filed for divorce from Cruise on June 29. Earlier on Monday the pair released a joint statements saying, "We are committed to working together as parents to accomplish what is in our daughter Suri's best interests."
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- The latent sexism of the male marriage proposal
- Bush vs. Clinton in 2016 is the perfect way to make millennials hate politics even more
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- 7 grammar rules you really should pay attention to
- Alien conspiracy theorists think the government is on the verge of spilling big secrets
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- This judge is the reason we're still fighting over net neutrality
- Is it now OK to have sex with animals?
- Everything you need to know about Japan's population crisis
Subscribe to the Week