In a patent war victory for Samsung, a British judge ruled Monday that the Korean company's Galaxy tablets do not infringe on the designs of Apple's iPad. It's something of a bitter victory though: The judge said that the Galaxy tablets are just "not as cool" as the iPad and "do not have the same understated and extreme simplicity which is possessed by the Apple design."
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- In Ferguson, Michael Brown lost his life — and America's police lost the benefit of the doubt
- Republicans love this new health care plan. Too bad it's basically a tax cut for the rich.
- Is it now OK to have sex with animals?
- In defense of Gwyneth Paltrow
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- 8 tricks to surviving the holidays without gaining weight or being grouchy
- Adam Sandler's 'Thanksgiving Song': Explaining the 22-year-old tune's pop-culture references
- 17 old proverbs we should use more often
- Don't blame Chuck Hagel: Obama's foreign policy has been a disaster from end to end
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
Subscribe to the Week