In a patent war victory for Samsung, a British judge ruled Monday that the Korean company's Galaxy tablets do not infringe on the designs of Apple's iPad. It's something of a bitter victory though: The judge said that the Galaxy tablets are just "not as cool" as the iPad and "do not have the same understated and extreme simplicity which is possessed by the Apple design."
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Syrian women know how to defeat ISIS
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- The U.S. Marines are developing laser weapons. Here's why.
- The one thing the New Atheists get right about religion
- Will Kobani be ISIS's Waterloo?
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- How 1,000-year lifespans could remake the economy
- 3 horrific inaccuracies in Homeland's depiction of Islamabad
- Bob Odenkirk's 6 favorite books
- Paul Krugman, Amazon, and the left's backwards view of book-industry titans
Subscribe to the Week