In a patent war victory for Samsung, a British judge ruled Monday that the Korean company's Galaxy tablets do not infringe on the designs of Apple's iPad. It's something of a bitter victory though: The judge said that the Galaxy tablets are just "not as cool" as the iPad and "do not have the same understated and extreme simplicity which is possessed by the Apple design."
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Why you shouldn't eat dog. Not even once.
- How U.S. special forces are preparing for the worst-case scenario in North Korea
- Why Israel can no longer let the Palestinian Authority be responsible for security in the West Bank
- Why you should really take a nap this afternoon, according to science
- Here's the schedule very successful people follow every day
- Why charity can't solve society's deepest problems
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- How social conservatives became a minority in need of protection
- I hate Ayn Rand — but here's why my fellow conservatives love her
- What tattoos can teach us about modern fandom
Subscribe to the Week