In a patent war victory for Samsung, a British judge ruled Monday that the Korean company's Galaxy tablets do not infringe on the designs of Apple's iPad. It's something of a bitter victory though: The judge said that the Galaxy tablets are just "not as cool" as the iPad and "do not have the same understated and extreme simplicity which is possessed by the Apple design."
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- 13 deliciously garlicky dishes for summer
- How a degree from Duke University dashed my dreams of buying a home
- This is why you can't trust the NSA. Ever.
- The best online movies to watch this weekend
- Half the world's population lives in these 6 countries
- Four annoying sounds you need to stop making
- Why you should stop believing in evolution
- Innocent before proven guilty? The bizarre bipartisan rush to clear Rick Perry
- 10 things you need to know today: August 23, 2014
- It's time for the police to rethink 'shoot-to-kill'
Subscribe to the Week