The CEO who earned up to $44.4 million for a few hours of work
Bill Johnson resigns mere hours after utility company Duke Energy buys Progress Energy, pocketing a hefty severence package that infuriates employees
Ousted Duke Energy CEO earns up to $44.4 million for a few hours of work
AP Photo/Sara D. Davis
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
MOST POPULAR ON THE WEEK
- The sexual politics of Game of Thrones just got enormously worse
- 31 TV shows to watch in 2014
- He said he was leaving. She ignored him.
- The hidden reason for the student loan crisis
- 14 wonderful words with no English equivalent
- Why atheism doesn't have the upper hand over religion
- Wounded in Boston, two brothers endure
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- If a nuclear bomb exploded in downtown Washington, what should you do?
- The Democrats have a mega-donor problem
Subscribe to the Week