OOD DAY FOR:
A New York man's 1966 Volvo racks up close to 3 million miles. [Consumerist]
Sesame Street delights young-at-heart internet users with an official Cookie Monster parody video of "Call Me Maybe." [Tecca]
Staying in character
Actor Ron Perlman dresses up as his signature Hellboy character to visit a Hellboy-obsessed 6-year-old leukemia patient. [New York]
BAD DAY FOR:
Hastily hitting send
A college student accidentally sends an email to a potential employer with a crazed photo of Nicolas Cage attached instead of her cover letter and resume. [Huffington Post]
Awfully questionable parenting
An X-ray machine catches an Egyptian couple trying to smuggle their 5-month-old baby through airport security in a suitcase. [The Stir]
Utah Valley Magazine titles an article on colorful women's clothing "Women of color," and pairs it with a photo of the magazine's all-white staff adorned in brightly-colored attire. [Gawker]
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- The world's dumbest idea: Taxing solar energy
- Why would a young person today be religious?
- He said he was leaving. She ignored him.
- Israel and Russia are getting along. Have the neocons noticed?
- 10 things you need to know today: April 18, 2014
- 31 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Which states get screwed worst by the Electoral College?
- Why Good Friday is so important to Christians
- Why we can't stop procrastinating, according to science
- Why Holy Thursday is so important to Christians
Subscribe to the Week