ed by San Francisco Giants sluggers Melky Cabrera and Pablo Sandoval, the National League won Major League Baseball's mid-season All-Star game by a lopsided 8 runs to 0. It was the third consecutive victory for the National League over the rival American League, and the win means the NL team will have home-field advantage in the World Series. Cabrera was named the game's most-valuable player. National League batters scored five runs against pitcher Justin Verlander in the first inning alone.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Why China's Communist Party is headed for collapse
- Why Texas Republicans may want to cool the anti-Obama land-grab talk
- He said he was leaving. She ignored him.
- Why the poor's investment of choice is so alarming
- 31 TV shows to watch in 2014
- How to make perfect fried rice in 6 easy steps
- Obama doesn't have a manhood problem — but conservatives certainly do
- Why atheism doesn't have the upper hand over religion
- Why Mindy Kaling — not Lena Dunham — is the body positive icon of the moment
- Why we need a maximum wage
Subscribe to the Week