Led by San Francisco Giants sluggers Melky Cabrera and Pablo Sandoval, the National League won Major League Baseball's mid-season All-Star game by a lopsided 8 runs to 0. It was the third consecutive victory for the National League over the rival American League, and the win means the NL team will have home-field advantage in the World Series. Cabrera was named the game's most-valuable player. National League batters scored five runs against pitcher Justin Verlander in the first inning alone.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- The 11 worst fast food restaurants in America
- 7 things the world's happiest people do every day
- 7 grammar rules you really should pay attention to
- Why are so many parents being arrested?
- What if The Purge was real?
- Why America is duty bound to help Iraqi Christians
- 9 things you probably didn't know about the moon
- The biggest lesson Obama failed to learn from Bush
- Israel has only two choices: Eliminate the Palestinians or make peace
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
Subscribe to the Week