Led by San Francisco Giants sluggers Melky Cabrera and Pablo Sandoval, the National League won Major League Baseball's mid-season All-Star game by a lopsided 8 runs to 0. It was the third consecutive victory for the National League over the rival American League, and the win means the NL team will have home-field advantage in the World Series. Cabrera was named the game's most-valuable player. National League batters scored five runs against pitcher Justin Verlander in the first inning alone.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- The Obama era is over. The presidency continues.
- America created the Islamic State of Iraq and Syria? Meet the ISIS 'truthers'
- What is Molly? Everything you need to know about the party drug
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- Russia's giant spy ship was a high-tech disaster waiting to happen
- On ISIS, neocons and liberal hawks have a 'boy who cried wolf' problem
- How American businessmen are ruining American business — and the U.S. economy
- How Harry Houdini escaped death
- The constant struggle of running a family farm in 21st century America
- Why you should stop believing in evolution
Subscribe to the Week