ed by San Francisco Giants sluggers Melky Cabrera and Pablo Sandoval, the National League won Major League Baseball's mid-season All-Star game by a lopsided 8 runs to 0. It was the third consecutive victory for the National League over the rival American League, and the win means the NL team will have home-field advantage in the World Series. Cabrera was named the game's most-valuable player. National League batters scored five runs against pitcher Justin Verlander in the first inning alone.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Why I'm a pro-life liberal
- If a nuclear bomb exploded in downtown Washington, what should you do?
- 10 things you need to know today: April 16, 2014
- 31 TV shows to watch in 2014
- He said he was leaving. She ignored him.
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- Can these 4 couples really afford their dream houses?
- There's a number of reasons the grammar of this headline could infuriate you
- How to be more satisfied with your life, according to science
- The contentious policy at the heart of Cliven Bundy's armed standoff with the government
Subscribe to the Week