he Episcopal Church easily approved an official liturgy for blessing same-sex unions, at its triennial General Convnetion. Whether Episcopal priests can use the marriage-like rite to bless gay unions is up to their bishop, but won't be affected by state laws on same-sex marriage or civil unions. The church's House of Deputies approved the liturgy 171 to 50, and the House of Bishops gave its blessing, 111 to 41. The General Convention also approved allowing transgendered people into the priesthood.
- Rick Santorum wins the prize for the worst Nelson Mandela tribute
- 6 grammar points to watch out for in Christmas songs
- How the strange case of Obama's Uncle Omar complicates immigration reform
- There is a better alternative to raising the minimum wage
- This is how much extra it costs to eat healthy every day
- Watch The Daily Show use Pope Francis to hammer Fox Business pundits
- 10 things you need to know today: December 7, 2013
- Which professions have the most psychopaths?
- The hotel of enlightenment
- Is Biden helping or hurting U.S. interests in Asia?
Subscribe to the Week