Doctors say that the World Health Organization and the Cambodian Ministry of Health will officially conclude that the mystery illness that has killed dozens of children is a combination of pathogens, including dengue, enterovirus 71, and streptococcus suis. Officials also learned that the use of steroids to treat the illness actually made it worse by suppressing the children's immune systems
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- How academia's liberal bias is killing social science
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- How to make the ultimate grilled cheese
- Dick Cheney's America is an ugly place
- The Hobbit: A disappointing set of movies, but a worthy set of prequels
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- The liberation of Barack Obama
- Diagnosing the Home Alone burglars' injuries: A professional weighs in
- The age of miracles is over — even for the religious
Subscribe to the Week