Doctors say that the World Health Organization and the Cambodian Ministry of Health will officially conclude that the mystery illness that has killed dozens of children is a combination of pathogens, including dengue, enterovirus 71, and streptococcus suis. Officials also learned that the use of steroids to treat the illness actually made it worse by suppressing the children's immune systems
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- The U.S. Marines are developing laser weapons. Here's why.
- 3 horrific inaccuracies in Homeland's depiction of Islamabad
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- How 1,000-year lifespans could remake the economy
- Why the Supreme Court is allowing Texas to hold an unconstitutional election
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- Gamergate has backfired spectacularly on its nincompoop perpetrators
- Ban PowerPoint!
- Rise of the machines
Subscribe to the Week