Doctors say that the World Health Organization and the Cambodian Ministry of Health will officially conclude that the mystery illness that has killed dozens of children is a combination of pathogens, including dengue, enterovirus 71, and streptococcus suis. Officials also learned that the use of steroids to treat the illness actually made it worse by suppressing the children's immune systems
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- The U.S. is about to sell weapons to Vietnam. That's bad news for China.
- Why is the Pentagon stuffing caves in Norway full of tanks?
- What the Middle Ages can tell us about the GOP's big charity myth
- Did the media get Ferguson wrong?
- An open letter to #brands about Gamergate
- 'Having it all' has officially jumped the shark
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Did Republicans overshoot on the Ebola panic?
- 10 things you need to know today: October 23, 2014
Subscribe to the Week