octors say that the World Health Organization and the Cambodian Ministry of Health will officially conclude that the mystery illness that has killed dozens of children is a combination of pathogens, including dengue, enterovirus 71, and streptococcus suis. Officials also learned that the use of steroids to treat the illness actually made it worse by suppressing the children's immune systems
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Why is American internet so slow?
- What the collapse of the Ming Dynasty can tell us about American decline
- 7 ways to be the most interesting person in any room
- 10 things you need to know today: March 10, 2014
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- Colorado’s new ‘drive high, get a DUI’ commercials are actually pretty clever
- Why is it so expensive to build a bridge in America?
- 10 classic Sesame Street moments we wouldn't show today's kids
- 22 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Who are the real gay marriage bigots?
Subscribe to the Week