itt Romney got a hostile reception on Wednesday when he made a direct appeal to black voters in a speech at the NAACP convention in Houston. Romney told members of the nation's leading civil rights organization that President Obama had made life worse for African-Americans. The crowd responded with three rounds of loud boos, including when Romney vowed to repeal ObamaCare. Obama carried a huge share of the black vote in 2008, and he leads Romney this year by 92 percent to 2 percent. Still, Romney is hoping his pitch will win over African Americans hit hardest by the economic downturn.
- Which professions have the most psychopaths?
- What to expect when you're expecting (100 years ago)
- 7 grammar rules you really should pay attention to
- What every TV show can learn from Sleepy Hollow
- Diagnosing the Home Alone burglars' injuries: A professional weighs in
- 7 health benefits of playing video games
- China's massive pollution problem
- 32 TV shows to watch in 2013 [Updated]
The history of Santa Claus: 7 interesting facts
- How marriage has changed over centuries
Subscribe to the Week