OOD DAY FOR:
A Colbert Nation education
The Colbert Report's popularity sparks the creation of an array of courses at universities around the country about the art of fake news and satire. [Newser]
An Ohio man finds a rare collection of 1910 baseball cards worth $3 million while cleaning out his attic. [Consumerist]
Arrested Development developments
Actor Jason Bateman announces via Twitter that the beloved cult show will begin filming new Netflix-only episodes in four weeks. [New York]
BAD DAY FOR:
A North Carolina man is taken into custody after he barricades himself inside a hotel room and demands pizza... and the hand of Paris Hilton in marriage. [TIME]
The U.S. Olympic team's opening ceremony uniforms were allegedly made in China. [Daily News]
Partying too hard
Drunken hooligans damage three irreplaceable dinosaur fossils that had been discovered by scientists in Canada. [Business Insider]
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- 31 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Attack of the invasive species
- Why atheism doesn't have the upper hand over religion
- He said he was leaving. She ignored him.
- 14 wonderful words with no English equivalent
- Why Easter is so important to Christians
- Why would a young person today be religious?
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- The world's dumbest idea: Taxing solar energy
- Which states get screwed worst by the Electoral College?
Subscribe to the Week