he GOP-controlled House voted 244-185 on Wednesday afternoon to repeal President Obama's health-care overhaul. While Republicans have voted more than 30 times in the last two years to "scrap, defund, or undercut" ObamaCare, this was the first such vote since the Supreme Court's landmark decision last month to uphold nearly all of the law. Five House Democrats joined the GOP majority in voting for repeal. Wednesday's vote was almost entirely symbolic; the repeal movement stands next to no chance of advancing in the Democratic-controlled Senate, and President Obama still wields the veto pen.
- How does chocolate milk stack up as a sports drink?
- 7 grammar rules you really should pay attention to
- Cul-de-sacs are killing America
- This is the twistiest tongue twister ever, says science
- Diagnosing the Home Alone burglars' injuries: A professional weighs in
- How did Love Actually become so controversial? A theory
- Which professions have the most psychopaths?
The history of Santa Claus: 7 interesting facts
- The secrets of happy families
- 7 health benefits of playing video games
Subscribe to the Week