Tony Award–winning actress Kristen Chenoweth was hospitalized after getting knocked on the head by falling lighting equipment at a Brooklyn TV studio during filming of the CBS show The Good Wife. Chenoweth, known for her roles in Glee, The West Wing, and on Broadway, hit her head on the concrete and "was knocked out cold," a witness told TMZ. "I thought she was dead at first." The 43-year-old actress is in New York's Bellevue Hospital, her condition unknown.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- 7 grammar rules you really should pay attention to
- The real reason conservatives should be outraged that police killed a white youth
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- The secret to handling pressure like astronauts, Navy SEALs, and samurai
- Why you should stop believing in evolution
- Your literary playlist: A guide to the music of Haruki Murakami
- After Ferguson, we don't need another dialogue on race
- The world is on fire and neither Democrats or Republicans have a clue
- 11 scientific studies that will restore your faith in humanity
- When it comes to ISIS, our Congress is full of cowards
Subscribe to the Week