Tony Award–winning actress Kristen Chenoweth was hospitalized after getting knocked on the head by falling lighting equipment at a Brooklyn TV studio during filming of the CBS show The Good Wife. Chenoweth, known for her roles in Glee, The West Wing, and on Broadway, hit her head on the concrete and "was knocked out cold," a witness told TMZ. "I thought she was dead at first." The 43-year-old actress is in New York's Bellevue Hospital, her condition unknown.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- China's leader is telling the People's Liberation Army to prepare for war
- The religious right isn't retreating — it's reforming
- How I lost all my money
- Diagnosing the Home Alone burglars' injuries: A professional weighs in
- How academia's liberal bias is killing social science
- Why Pakistan won't hunt down the terrorists within its borders
- 10 things you need to know today: December 22, 2014
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- A brief history of the Christmas present
Subscribe to the Week