How the NAACP booing works to Mitt Romney's advantage
The chilly reception was momentarily jarring for Mitt, says John Dickerson at Slate. But it also gave him the chance to look principled in the face of opposition
Mitt Romney might be forging ahead of Obama because of the stalled economy: At least 67 percent of respondents in Florida, Ohio, and Pennsylvania say the country's still in a recession, and that's bad news for the president.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
MOST POPULAR ON THE WEEK
- Syrian women know how to defeat ISIS
- The U.S. Marines are developing laser weapons. Here's why.
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- The one thing the New Atheists get right about religion
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- Will Kobani be ISIS's Waterloo?
- 3 horrific inaccuracies in Homeland's depiction of Islamabad
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- How to make corn dogs
- 5 baffling foreign-language versions of the Fresh Prince of Bel-Air theme song
Subscribe to the Week