What do Dick Cheney, Lady Gaga, President Obama, and Hugh Hefner all have in common? They've all been lucky enough to have a newly discovered species named after them. From colorful fish to rabbits to innocuous wasps, here's a small sample of the animal kingdom's celebrity-dubbed denizens.
This article — originally published on Jul. 12, 2012 — was last updated on Dec. 11, 2012.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Obama just kneecapped Jeb Bush and Chris Christie's 2016 prospects
- It's official: The religious right is calling it quits
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- The dangerously childish morality of liberal ObamaCare supporters
- 10 classic Sesame Street moments we wouldn't show today's kids
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- How science is accelerating our search for alien life
- How to rescue the American family and fix the broken school system in one fell swoop
- Why insects are the future of food
- The Hunger Games: Mockingjay — Part 1: 10 major differences between the book and the movie
Subscribe to the Week