What do Dick Cheney, Lady Gaga, President Obama, and Hugh Hefner all have in common? They've all been lucky enough to have a newly discovered species named after them. From colorful fish to rabbits to innocuous wasps, here's a small sample of the animal kingdom's celebrity-dubbed denizens.
This article — originally published on Jul. 12, 2012 — was last updated on Dec. 11, 2012.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- How our botched understanding of 'science' ruins everything
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- The science of sex: 4 harsh truths about dating and mating
- 7 tips for keeping your man (from the 1950s)
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- 4 simple steaks you can cook in a pan
- Why does Fareed Zakaria still have a job?
- Save the world... by changing how you pee
- Does solar energy have a battery problem?
Subscribe to the Week