What do Dick Cheney, Lady Gaga, President Obama, and Hugh Hefner all have in common? They've all been lucky enough to have a newly discovered species named after them. From colorful fish to rabbits to innocuous wasps, here's a small sample of the animal kingdom's celebrity-dubbed denizens.
This article — originally published on Jul. 12, 2012 — was last updated on Dec. 11, 2012.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Here comes the Pentagon's newest space plane
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- Everything you need to know about the voter ID controversy
- The real story behind Deliver Us From Evil
- Let us now praise Billy Joel
- How 1,000-year lifespans could remake the economy
- Why is the Pentagon stuffing caves in Norway full of tanks?
- America's anti-feminist mega-corporations' toxic disregard for women must stop
Subscribe to the Week