GOOD DAY FOR:
Baby boomer boozehounds
A new study finds that moderate alcohol consumption can reduce bone loss in middle-aged women. [Huffington Post]
The service industry
A family fulfills a deceased man's dying wish of buying a pizza and giving the server a $500 tip. [Gawker]
A man finds his stolen car on eBay — 42 years after it was swiped from a Philadelphia street. [Geekosystem]
BAD DAY FOR:
Food vendors at the London Olympics bemoan McDonald's sponsorship deal that prevents Golden Arches competitors from selling french fries. [Newser]
A South Carolina funeral home is criticized for opening a Starbucks franchise on its premises. [New York]
A security breach exposes nearly half a million of the beleaguered internet company's users' email addresses and passwords to hackers. [Business Insider]
For more winners and losers see: Good day, bad day: July 11, 2012
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- After Ferguson: Stop deferring to the cops
- Is it now OK to have sex with animals?
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- 7 grammar rules you really should pay attention to
- The lessons of Japan's latest recession
- Diagnosing the Home Alone burglars' injuries: A professional weighs in
- Ferguson riots were terrible — but this racist reaction was worse
- How to adopt the perfect rescue dog
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
Subscribe to the Week