espite generating a $4.4 billion trading loss, JPMorgan Chase reported a second quarter profit of $5 billion, which was down 9 percent. In May, the bank initially reported the trading losses were $2 billion. The financial giant says it will have to restate its first-quarter earnings as traders may have misstated positions in attempts to reduce losses on the failed investments.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- 7 ways to be the most interesting person in any room
- Sorry Belle Knox, porn still oppresses women
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- Colorado’s new ‘drive high, get a DUI’ commercials are actually pretty clever
- Who are the real gay marriage bigots?
- Religious liberty should be a liberal value, too
- What the collapse of the Ming Dynasty can tell us about American decline
- 22 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Why is American internet so slow?
- Watch The Daily Show mock Fox News' confused man-crush on Vladimir Putin
Subscribe to the Week