espite generating a $4.4 billion trading loss, JPMorgan Chase reported a second quarter profit of $5 billion, which was down 9 percent. In May, the bank initially reported the trading losses were $2 billion. The financial giant says it will have to restate its first-quarter earnings as traders may have misstated positions in attempts to reduce losses on the failed investments.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- The sexual politics of Game of Thrones just got enormously worse
- The case for killing law school
- Aereo at the Supreme Court: No matter what, broadcasters lose
- Mad Men recap: 'A Day's Work'
- 31 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Why atheism doesn't have the upper hand over religion
- Putin's risky bet in eastern Ukraine
- He said he was leaving. She ignored him.
- The Democrats have a mega-donor problem
- 10 things you need to know today: April 21, 2014
Subscribe to the Week