GOOD DAY FOR:
A marriage between two dogs sets a Guinness World Record for the most expensive pet wedding ever, with well-wishers donating $158,000 in luxury goods and services to produce the ceremony. [The Daily What]
New research finds that those born in the fall are more likely to live to 100. [Tecca]
Taylor Swift tops Forbes' list of highest-paid celebrities under 30. She earned a whopping $57 million between May 2011 and May 2012. [Newser]
BAD DAY FOR:
An Oregon woman sues Justin Bieber for $9 million, claiming that she suffered permanent hearing damage while accompanying her daughter to one of the Biebs' concerts. [New York]
Equal rights in the parking lot
A German mayor introduces women-only parking spots that are, patronizingly, wider and better lit. [Consumerist]
Begging for cleavage
A breast-implant-seeking Ohio panhandler holds a sign that says, "Not homeless, need boobs." She has made only $90 thus far. [Gawker]
For more winners and losers see: Good day, bad day: July 12, 2012
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Is it now OK to have sex with animals?
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- In defense of Gwyneth Paltrow
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- Republicans love this new health care plan. Too bad it's basically a tax cut for the rich.
- 7 grammar rules you really should pay attention to
- In Ferguson, Michael Brown lost his life — and America's police lost the benefit of the doubt
- Chuck Hagel wasn't the problem. It's America's addiction to endless war.
- Alien conspiracy theorists think the government is on the verge of spilling big secrets
Subscribe to the Week