GOOD DAY FOR:
A marriage between two dogs sets a Guinness World Record for the most expensive pet wedding ever, with well-wishers donating $158,000 in luxury goods and services to produce the ceremony. [The Daily What]
New research finds that those born in the fall are more likely to live to 100. [Tecca]
Taylor Swift tops Forbes' list of highest-paid celebrities under 30. She earned a whopping $57 million between May 2011 and May 2012. [Newser]
BAD DAY FOR:
An Oregon woman sues Justin Bieber for $9 million, claiming that she suffered permanent hearing damage while accompanying her daughter to one of the Biebs' concerts. [New York]
Equal rights in the parking lot
A German mayor introduces women-only parking spots that are, patronizingly, wider and better lit. [Consumerist]
Begging for cleavage
A breast-implant-seeking Ohio panhandler holds a sign that says, "Not homeless, need boobs." She has made only $90 thus far. [Gawker]
For more winners and losers see: Good day, bad day: July 12, 2012
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- 7 things the world's happiest people do every day
- Why you should really take a nap this afternoon, according to science
- Why you shouldn't eat dog. Not even once.
- Why Israel can no longer let the Palestinian Authority be responsible for security in the West Bank
- How U.S. special forces are preparing for the worst-case scenario in North Korea
- Here's the schedule very successful people follow every day
- 7 grammar rules you really should pay attention to
- Grammar quiz: Do you know the passive voice?
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- How social conservatives became a minority in need of protection
Subscribe to the Week