GOOD DAY FOR:
A marriage between two dogs sets a Guinness World Record for the most expensive pet wedding ever, with well-wishers donating $158,000 in luxury goods and services to produce the ceremony. [The Daily What]
New research finds that those born in the fall are more likely to live to 100. [Tecca]
Taylor Swift tops Forbes' list of highest-paid celebrities under 30. She earned a whopping $57 million between May 2011 and May 2012. [Newser]
BAD DAY FOR:
An Oregon woman sues Justin Bieber for $9 million, claiming that she suffered permanent hearing damage while accompanying her daughter to one of the Biebs' concerts. [New York]
Equal rights in the parking lot
A German mayor introduces women-only parking spots that are, patronizingly, wider and better lit. [Consumerist]
Begging for cleavage
A breast-implant-seeking Ohio panhandler holds a sign that says, "Not homeless, need boobs." She has made only $90 thus far. [Gawker]
For more winners and losers see: Good day, bad day: July 12, 2012
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- America created the Islamic State of Iraq and Syria? Meet the ISIS 'truthers'
- The Obama era is over. The presidency continues.
- How American businessmen are ruining American business — and the U.S. economy
- Russia's giant spy ship was a high-tech disaster waiting to happen
- On ISIS, neocons and liberal hawks have a 'boy who cried wolf' problem
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- Fall movie guide: All the films you should see in September
- How Harry Houdini escaped death
- The 10 best networking tips for people who hate networking
- 10 things you need to know today: September 2, 2014
Subscribe to the Week