well-known Afghan lawmaker, Ahmad Khan Samangani, was killed along with 20 other people at his daughter's wedding in the northern province of Samangan following a suicide attack. The bomber posed as a guest and hugged Samangani before detonating his explosives, which also injured 40 people. The Taliban has denied responsibility for the assault. President Hamid Karzai appointed a team to investigate the killings.
- Watch The Daily Show pit Pope Francis against Fox News' 'War on Christmas'
- 10 things you need to know today: December 4, 2013
- 5 books to read before your 30th birthday
- How to dramatically improve your memory
- Are differences in IQ to blame for income inequality?
- 7 grammar rules you really should pay attention to
- What to expect when you're expecting (100 years ago)
- Why so many Americans are missing out on the stock market boom
- Who will get screwed in Detroit's bankruptcy?
- These 5 far-out space projects are making science fiction a reality
Subscribe to the Week