Comcast, NBC's parent company, has officially purchased MSNBC.com in its entirety, after Microsoft pulled out of the 16-year-old joint venture. Microsoft reportedly plans to build its own online news service. The MSNBC website, which has already been rebranded as NBCNews.com, will move its headquarters from Microsoft's campus in Washington to NBC's home in New York.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- How academia's liberal bias is killing social science
- Diagnosing the Home Alone burglars' injuries: A professional weighs in
- How Wall Street is chipping away at reform
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- How I lost all my money
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- Why Pakistan won't hunt down the terrorists within its borders
- A brief history of the Christmas present
- How computers will replace your doctor
- 10 things you need to know today: December 21, 2014
Subscribe to the Week