Comcast, NBC's parent company, has officially purchased MSNBC.com in its entirety, after Microsoft pulled out of the 16-year-old joint venture. Microsoft reportedly plans to build its own online news service. The MSNBC website, which has already been rebranded as NBCNews.com, will move its headquarters from Microsoft's campus in Washington to NBC's home in New York.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- What is driving the increasingly weird behavior of the polar jet stream?
- How our botched understanding of 'science' ruins everything
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Christians have no moral rationale for spanking their children
- Should you hope to die at 75? Absolutely not.
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- The science of sex: 4 harsh truths about dating and mating
- 13 Urban Outfitters controversies
- Stop hating on cyclists
Subscribe to the Week