Egypt's prosecutor general has ordered former Egyptian President Hosni Mubarak to return to prison, citing Mubarak's improved health. Last month, Mubarak was moved from a prison hospital to a "lush military hospital" when his condition appeared to take a turn for the worse. The 84-year-old — who was sentenced to life in prison in June for his role in the killings of hundreds of protesters last year — was reportedly said to be near death following a stroke.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- The U.S. Marines are developing laser weapons. Here's why.
- 3 horrific inaccuracies in Homeland's depiction of Islamabad
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- 16 characters from other languages that make great emoticons
- Why the Supreme Court is allowing Texas to hold an unconstitutional election
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- Ban PowerPoint!
- How 1,000-year lifespans could remake the economy
- Gamergate has backfired spectacularly on its nincompoop perpetrators
Subscribe to the Week