Egypt's prosecutor general has ordered former Egyptian President Hosni Mubarak to return to prison, citing Mubarak's improved health. Last month, Mubarak was moved from a prison hospital to a "lush military hospital" when his condition appeared to take a turn for the worse. The 84-year-old — who was sentenced to life in prison in June for his role in the killings of hundreds of protesters last year — was reportedly said to be near death following a stroke.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- How academia's liberal bias is killing social science
- Why Pakistan won't hunt down the terrorists within its borders
- Pope Francis' American problem
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Sorry, GOP, tax cuts don't pay for themselves
- A brief history of the Christmas present
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- The week's best photojournalism
- 10 things you need to know today: December 20, 2014
- Vox, derp, and the intellectual stagnation of the left
Subscribe to the Week