Egypt's prosecutor general has ordered former Egyptian President Hosni Mubarak to return to prison, citing Mubarak's improved health. Last month, Mubarak was moved from a prison hospital to a "lush military hospital" when his condition appeared to take a turn for the worse. The 84-year-old — who was sentenced to life in prison in June for his role in the killings of hundreds of protesters last year — was reportedly said to be near death following a stroke.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Why you should stop believing in evolution
- How Israel's hawks intimidated and silenced the last remnants of the anti-war left
- 10 things you need to know today: August 21, 2014
- The secret to handling pressure like astronauts, Navy SEALs, and samurai
- Why your employer should clean your house and do your laundry
- It's time for the police to rethink 'shoot-to-kill'
- The fascinating political evolution of Paul Ryan
- 7 grammar rules you really should pay attention to
- The big policy question libertarians can't answer
- The real lesson of Rick Perry's mug shot
Subscribe to the Week