North Korean state media reports that General Hyon Yong Chol has been promoted to the position of vice marshal, leading to speculation that he'll replace Ri Yong Ho, the military chief who was fired two days ago in the biggest power shift since Kim Jong Un took control of the country late last year.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Why you should stop believing in evolution
- 4 things NASA can teach you about a good night's sleep
- 7 of the scariest spiders in existence
- The secret to handling pressure like astronauts, Navy SEALs, and samurai
- Why isn't 'Arkansas' pronounced like 'Kansas'?
- It's time for the police to rethink 'shoot-to-kill'
- Internet piracy isn't killing Hollywood
- This 1,600-year-old Viking war game is still awesome
- How Israel's hawks intimidated and silenced the last remnants of the anti-war left
- Congress' craven approach toward the war on ISIS
Subscribe to the Week