North Korean state media reports that General Hyon Yong Chol has been promoted to the position of vice marshal, leading to speculation that he'll replace Ri Yong Ho, the military chief who was fired two days ago in the biggest power shift since Kim Jong Un took control of the country late last year.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- The uncomfortable truth in The Giving Tree
- The U.S. government is actually trouncing Ebola. When will it get credit?
- Why 2014 may be as good as it gets for the Republican Party
- The simple trick to making better decisions in every aspect of life
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- Why America needs more billionaires
- 3 horrific inaccuracies in Homeland's depiction of Islamabad
- The one thing the New Atheists get right about religion
- Syrian women know how to defeat ISIS
Subscribe to the Week