North Korean state media reports that General Hyon Yong Chol has been promoted to the position of vice marshal, leading to speculation that he'll replace Ri Yong Ho, the military chief who was fired two days ago in the biggest power shift since Kim Jong Un took control of the country late last year.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Is it now OK to have sex with animals?
- After Ferguson: Stop deferring to the cops
- Ferguson riots were terrible — but this racist reaction was worse
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- 7 grammar rules you really should pay attention to
- How to adopt the perfect rescue dog
- Obama just kneecapped Jeb Bush and Chris Christie's 2016 prospects
- Don't blame Chuck Hagel: Obama's foreign policy has been a disaster from end to end
- The lessons of Japan's latest recession
Subscribe to the Week